Urgent Care vs ER Questions and Answers
Urgent cares are available to help you and your family for any minor injuries or illnesses, as well as other medical services including x-rays, and lab testing. If you are in need of urgent care services, walk-in to AFC Urgent Care Greenwood today. We are located at 474 Bypass 72 NW Suite B Greenwood, SC.
Is Urgent Care faster than ER?
Urgent care offers many benefits including the ability to book appointments and walk-in to the clinic during their open hours. Urgent cares are usually the go to for minor injuries or illnesses and other services because of the quick wait times and timely turn around for results. While emergency care rooms could have wait times of a few hours, as it depends on how busy they are and if your visit is determined life or limb threatening or not.
Urgent care clinics are available to help conserve ER Hospital resources, so more serious and even life-threatening conditions can be treated in the emergency hospital.
AFC Urgent Care Greenwood is available for walk-in treatment from Monday to Friday 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM and Saturday to Sunday from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
What is the difference between urgent care and emergency care?
Emergency hospital care focuses on medical emergencies that may be life threatening or limb threatening. They are available to the public as a means to save you or your family and give care to those that need it most first.
Urgent care clinics are open to the public and focuses on minor injury, illnesses or other services.
Some of these medical care services that urgent cares offer treatment for are:
- Bruises, bumps, strains and broken bones
- Insect bites
- Animal bites
- Viruses (like COVID-19)
- Cold and Flu
- Eye Injuries
- Earaches and Infections
- Respiratory Infections
- Vomiting and Diarrhea
Plus, many more! AFC Urgent Care Greenwood also offers services like:
- Sport and School Physicals
- DOT Physicals
- Lab Testing
- Digital X-rays
- STD and UTI Testing
Is it better to go to urgent care or ER?
The difference between urgent care clinics and emergency hospital care is the severity of the issue. If the condition is life-threatening or limb-threatening, this renders a visit to an emergency room. If the condition is a minor illness or injury or you need another service like a physical or lab test, take advantage of the convenience of an urgent care clinic and the affordability urgent care clinics offer.
What are some benefits of going to an urgent care instead of an ER?
Urgent cares are providing a combination of benefits that your family doctor and emergency room centers cannot match.
Some of the top benefits that Urgent Cares offer are:
- Better hours than the average doctor’s office. It can take weeks to get in to see your family doctor, while urgent cares offer same day availability.
- Urgent cares save you money vs going to an emergency room for minor injury and illnesses. Urgent cares are known to be significantly cheaper than going to an emergency room, it could also be cheaper than visiting your primary care doctor.
- Urgent cares provide quicker service than an ER can, and may even be faster than your family doctors office. Visiting an emergency room can offer a wait time that could lead to several hours to be seen, while urgent cares offer walk-in service and can usually get you in within minutes of arriving, depending on how busy they are.
- Many urgent cares offer walk-in services with no appointments necessary. Waiting for an appointment to see your family doctor when you are not feeling well can become frustration and even uncomfortable. However, you can go to an urgent care whenever you need to get experienced medical care.
- Urgent cares also treat serious problems, depending on the severity of the problem. If you have a life or limb-threatening emergency, an emergency care will be the place to visit for help. Anything minor to even stitches can be helped through an urgent care clinic.
If you or someone you know is looking for an urgent care in Greenwood SC, Visit AFC Urgent Care Greenwood. We are located at 474 Bypass 72 NW Suite B Greenwood, SC. We serve patients from Greenwood, Anderson, Boiling Springs, Clemson, Duncan, Easley, and Powdersville.